Monday, August 2, 2010

Zucchini Bread Pudding

As I mentioned in the Zucchini Bread - I made a double batch of the zucchini bread in a 9x13 pan and took it out too early causing it to fall. So I thought instead of dumping the pan that I would turn it into bread pudding and it was great.
I attempted to dry the bread in the oven but it was so dense it didn't really dry out.

double batch of zucchini bread cut into 1" squares (approximately)
1 3/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk (I didn't have evaporated milk so I just used regular milk)
2 large eggs -- lightly beaten
Mix together wet ingredients and add bread, pressing it down to soak up some of the mixture. Let set for about 15 minutes. Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Pour mixture into pan and bake at 350 for about 35 minutes or until set. I added a splash of Irish Whiskey to give it a little extra flavor.

No comments: