Monday, August 2, 2010

Fruit Cobbler

Well, after a long hiatus and a brief gluten breakdown, it's my goal to get back in the swing of things. Maybe I can keep this up this time.
This past weekend I was a baking fool. I had a box of blueberries that needed to be made into something. Originially I was going to make muffins since the family was eating muffins like crazy but I was running low on muffin ingredients and opted to try fruit cobbler for the first time (we are a fruit crisp family). The recipe calls for a gf glour mix. I used a basic rice flour mix and it wasn't as good as it should have been but I promised the recipe so here it is - from Special Diets for Special Kids.
Fruit Cobbler
5 cups fruit
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tb gf flour
1 Tb Lemon juice
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
--
1 egg
1/2 cup gf flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tb margarine, melted
1/2 tsp baking powder

Mix together fruit with the next five ingredients. Pour into a 2 qt casserole dish. Mix together topping ingredients and spoon onto fruit, covering as much as possible. Put on cookie sheet to prevent spills and place in a 375 degree oven. Bake 45-50 minutes or until topping is golden brown.

No comments: