Monday, February 6, 2012

Homemade Bisquick Mix

Making your own mixes opens up so many opportunities and makes it easier to cater to food allergies. This is a new experiment and I have not tried this gluten free but this week I hope to share things you can do with this mix. I have shared recipes in the past that use baking mix but this one simple recipe can open up so many doors.
Over time I will try for a gluten free variety and perhaps a Feingold version.
I will say that omitted the salt. We don't use salt at home and it seemed unnecessary.

Homemade Bisquick Mix
6 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons baking powder
1 tablespoon salt
1 cup vegetable shortening
Add dry ingredients to a large bowl. Cut in the shortening with a pastry cutter or a fork until resembles crumbs. Use fingers to break up any large bits.

No comments: