Friday, February 3, 2012

Tapioca Pudding

We watched Thoroughly Modern Millie this week and that movie is not complete without a serving of Tapioca pudding. My mom gave me this quick and easy recipe which is so tasty. I can't wait to try it with other flavors aside from vanilla but I like the plain pudding so much I haven't been able to talk myself into making it lemon or orange.

Tapioca Pudding
1/4 cup small tapioca pearls
1/4 cup boiling water
3 cups milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Add tapioca to boiling water and let sit. Heat milk, eggs, and sugar in a saucepan on the stove. Whisk them smooth while heating over med-high heat. Add tapioca when the water is completely soaked up or after you have everything whisked smooth, which ever comes last. Stir constantly with a spoon until warm and thick. Add vanilla and mix well.

We serve right away because we are impatient. We ate this with cool whip and blueberries and it was so tasty.

No comments: