Thursday, September 15, 2011

Coconut Zucchini Muffins

I love coconut flour. It's a bit pricey but always takes me a long time to go through a bag since I use it sparingly. I don't substitute all the flour in a recipe for coconut flour even though I hear you can. It's a high fiber flour and can cause some upset stomachs if not used to it. I like the subtle coconut flavor, however you can add more flavor by adding shredded coconut to the muffin. Remember to add extra moisture. These still were a bit dry so I'll be trying them with a little applesauce next time.

Coconut Zucchini Muffins
1 1/2 cups AP flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 TB baking powder
3 TB sugar
2 TB oil
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 teas vanilla
Mix together dry ingredients. Blend in oil and egg. Drizzle in milk and vanilla, stir until completely wet. Spoon into greased muffin tins and bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

No comments: