Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Homemade Magic Shell for Ice Cream

With my son on the Feingold diet finding ice cream toppings has become difficult. My son loves Magic Shell topping and the concoction I created for his ice cream turned out to be a great substitute.

Chocolate Chips (we used Safeway organic)
Whipping Cream

It doesn't matter how much you use but I think I started with about 1 cup of chocolate chips. Melt in the microwave in 30 second increments until melted (took me 2 times). Stir well and drizzle in whipping cream until it's a smooth consistency. May have to re-microwave if it starts to solidify. Spoon over ice cream while still warm (microwave if it gets too hard). Be careful not to over- microwave. The chocolate will harden on contact with the cold ice cream but remain soft enough to break with spoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh yummy! That sounds good and I've got both of those! :)