Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Month of pie

I have decided that June will be the month of pie recipes. I'm not quite sure where I am going to go with that plan but it should be fun. Pie is one of those dishes that can be sweet or savory and fits in any time of the year.
My son is starting a new therapy diet this summer and I thought it would be a good time to revamp some of my pie recipes to meet his diet. If you are interested in information go to my other blog.
Even if one is not on a particular diet, I think my recipes could use some updating. I would like to move away from some of the "instant" ingredients like cool whip and replace it with more natural ingredients like whipped cream. Not only are these ingredients better for us, there is more control over fat and sugar.
I look forward to experimenting with pie and sharing the recipes with you.

No comments: