Monday, April 16, 2012

Little Caesars Crazy bread at home

I had so much fun this weekend with recipes that I will still be baking and prepping into this week. I had so many great ideas come across my computer that I just couldn't wait. I made homemade chocolate chips. They are tasty but still have some things I need to work out so I'll be sharing that later this week after I try them again to see if I can get them to come out just a little nicer. I made a huge batch of multi-grain bread. I think my flour wasn't the best because it has an odd taste but the bread is nice and light. I'll probably share that recipe tomorrow since the issue is with my flour not the recipe. But the most favorite recipe I made this weekend was a toss up between homemade nilla wafers and the crazy bread. Both were so easy I can't image buying them (okay I'll still buy the crazy bread because it is just that good). I'm not sure this is a 100% perfect replica but the taste was amazing and I couldn't keep my guys out of it. I did make the bread only to discover that we didn't have any cheese - last I knew there was parmesan and feta but they were absent from the fridge when I went about baking so I ended up with cheese less bread but no one minded. We took some to my Dad's and he had parmesan. We added it to the top, only to find it didn't really add anything to the bread. I didn't make any menu notes - not really sure what we ate all weekend since it was a clean out the left-overs sort of weekend. Little Caesars Crazy Bread One recipe pizza dough - I used the flatbread recipe with whole wheat pastry flour 1 stick butter 2 teaspoons garlic powder 1 teaspoon kosher salt (can use 2 teaspoons of garlic salt for all the seasonings). Parmesan cheese Make pizza dough/flatbread on 9x 13 baking sheets as directed all the way through baking. Melt butter and add garlic powder and salt. Brush butter on baked pizza dough. Sprinkle with parmesan. Cut the bread in half the long way and then into 1- 1 1/2 inch strips. Enjoy!

No comments: