Thursday, July 21, 2011

Super Cook

I don't know how I missed posting about this website. I discovered it through the local new station's facebook page. It is the most amazing site I have seen when it comes to finding recipes.
The concept of Supercook is to find recipes with certain ingredients.
For example, in your cupboards you have a can of black beans, a can of corn and a can of diced tomatoes. You list those in super cook and it gives you 2000 recipes. The first one, 5 minute chili, tells me I have everything I need to make it. The remaining recipes list additional ingredients I will need to make the recipe.
Supercook is a database so when I click on the recipe, it will take me out of supercook and to the recipe site. All the recipes, I have looked at, have been on sites I was familiar with - Martha Stewart, All recipes, etc so I know I am getting sent to good sites that I don't have to worry about spam or viruses.
For me, I hope this site will help me use up some of those odds and ends I have collected in my pantry. It should be a great resource to break out of the same old food routine.

No comments: