Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Thanksgiving pie

I must be feeling the need to return to comfort food and family. I don't know why I have Thanksgiving on the brain but I do prefer finding holiday recipes well in advance of the holiday so I can stock up on ingredients.
I believe I got this recipe from Paula Deen. It's a fun mix of pecan and pumpkin pies. It sounds a little complicated but it's really so easy. You can buy a store-bought crust or try to make your own.
Be sure most of the jiggle has gone out of the pie before removing it from the oven and let cool so that it's good and set before cutting.

Thanksgiving Pie
3 eggs
1 cup dark corn syrup
½ cup sugar
4 tb butter, melted
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teas vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
9 inch unbaked pie shell
whipped cream
oven to 350. Beat eggs well. Beat in next 5 ingredients. Arrange pecans on bottom of pie shell. Pour filling over pecans. Bake 1 hour. Serve with whipped cream.

No comments: