Monday, April 4, 2011

Indian Beef Patties

This was a recipe I got in my email but I can't remember from where (I think bgh.com). As always, I changed the recipe some. The burger is a little bland but went well with the yogurt sauce I made. The sauce was 1 cup yogurt with a packet of cucumber dill mix from Watkins. I have made that sauce before and have substituted ranch dressing mix and found they taste similar enough. If you want a more authentic sauce use 1 cup yogurt, 1 cucumber chopped (preferrably seeded) and 1 teas dried dill (or to taste). The original sauce is not at all salty so you will want to add salt to the burger. I served this with Aloo Gobi which I will post on Wednesday.

Indian Beef Patties
1/8 Cup minced dried onion
1-2 teaspoons dried mint, crushed
1-2 Teaspoons Garam Masala
1 Teaspoon bottled minced garlic (1 clove) or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1 pound lean ground beef
Mix all the spices into the ground beef. Form into patties and fry until internal temperature reaches 165.
Serve with yogurt sauce and on buns or flat bread.

*Garam Masala is an Indian spice blend and easily found in Asian/International grocery stores. I buy mine from San Francisco Herb.

No comments: